License Renewal to Begin November 1
The license renewal period will begin November 1 and run through December 31. Renewals may be paid online or by mail. If you would like to pay online, please check that you can access your online account early. Waiting until December 30 is a bad idea because assistance with a locked account will be limited and could cause you to miss the deadline. Payments that are mailed must be RECEIVED by midnight, December 31, 2016 so be certain to mail your payment early.
Things you can do now to ensure the renewal process is smooth:
- Be sure the Board has your most recent contact information.
- Create an online account early, if you would like to pay your renewal online.
- If you have an online account, confirm that you can access your account early.
- If paying by mail, send your payment early to avoid the holiday crush.
- When making payment by check, confirm that you have written the check for the correct amount.
- Be certain the forms you mail are complete. Initial where you are supposed to initial, sign where you are supposed to sign.
The Board’s staff is happy to assist you with any questions you may have regarding your license renewal. Keep in mind that the closer we are to December 31, the more stressful the process will be.
The priority goal will be to ensure that Texas consumers are effectively and efficiently served by high quality professionals and businesses by setting clear standards, maintaining compliance and seeking market-based solutions.
The mission of the Texas Board of Professional Land Surveying is to protect the residents of Texas by regulating, licensing and renewing the licenses of only competent surveyors; surveyors able to provide accurate surveys which will result in the orderly use of our physical environment.
The Texas Board of Professional Land Surveying will license only competent surveyors and will regulate the practice of surveying. We will manage our resources as efficiently and effectively as possible with a commitment to excellence.