Instructions for Accessing the Online Application System
- GLO(General Land Office)
- 8 hrs; $82.46 (Available Online)
- Ethics Course
- 4 hrs; $72.18 (Available Online)
***All registrants are required to have 12 hours for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in order to renew their license. Three of the units must be over the Rules or in ethics. These must be taken every year and cannot be carried over from any previous year. You are able to carry over up to eight units from the previous year.
With our online services you can apply for licensure, renew your license (accessible at the beginning of November), pay for continuing education courses, and change your information. To access these services there is a one-time registration process.
You will need the following to register:
- RPLS, LSLS, and SIT
- An email address
- Your social security number
- Your birth date
- Your zip code (as is registered with the Board)
- An email address
- The license number of the firm
- The zip code (as is registered with the Board)
- The phone number (as registered with the Board; format: 999-999-9999)
*If any of the data that you enter does not match the data currently registered with the Board, you will not be able to establish an account and will need to contact the Board office during normal business hours. If other errors occur or you have any other questions or concerns, please contact the Online Services Help Desk. The staff at the Board Office will not be able to assist you with problems related to the Online Services.*
Once the necessary email address is entered, a temporary password will be created. This email address will become your user name and you will be prompted to reset your password at your first attempt to login. Once you have registered an account, and logged into the system, you may add your license(s) from the drop down menu. You will need to repeat the process if you would like to register more than one license type. If your current Address of Record does not have a zip code (foreign address), you cannot use the online system. The zip code you enter must match EXACTLY the Address of Record. If this includes a four (4) digit extension, it must be entered as such. You can find the Board’s current information on your annual license permit. If you do not have access to this document, you may use the Public Search feature of the online system to access your current information.
Online Course Registration and Payment
- The only courses available online are the General Land Office and Ethics Part One and Two.
- You will need an enrollment key to access the online course. This is not an automated process. The board receives a report the day after your online payment and that is when the key is emailed to the email address we have on our licensing system.
- The website where you pay for the course and take the course are two separate websites and each one requires a registration/log in to be set up. After registration you will select the course and enter the enrollment key. Then you will have access to the course for 365 days.
The priority goal will be to ensure that Texas consumers are effectively and efficiently served by high quality professionals and businesses by setting clear standards, maintaining compliance and seeking market-based solutions.
The mission of the Texas Board of Professional Land Surveying is to protect the residents of Texas by regulating, licensing and renewing the licenses of only competent surveyors; surveyors able to provide accurate surveys which will result in the orderly use of our physical environment.
The Texas Board of Professional Land Surveying will license only competent surveyors and will regulate the practice of surveying. We will manage our resources as efficiently and effectively as possible with a commitment to excellence.